Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

DCM4CHE Support Forums » dcm4che development » dcm4chee

Thread: Remove instance table from database schema

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 4. Correct answers available: 1.

Reply to this Thread Reply to this Thread Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Jun 20, 2012 3:13 PM Last Post By: jamson
Joe

Remove instance table from database schema
Posted: Jun 20, 2012 3:03 PM

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I posted in the Users forum recently, asking about other people's database sizes.

We are storing thousands of MR studies/series (over a billion images) and our Instance table is out of control.
Because we have functional MR series' with up to thousands of images, the Instance table is storing a LOT of redundant information, especially in the 'blob' field.
At this rate, once we finish importing all of our old data, our database will be well over 1TB in size.

I'm interested in how much would break if I built my own dcm4chee instance with no 'instance' table in the database schema.
How many queries are hardcoded in the source?

I've dug into the code some to build a custom jboss login module, but I have yet to look into the dicom/archive code.

I'm running dcm4chee 2.17 on Centos 5.8.

Edited by: Joe on Jun 20, 2012 3:03 PM
jamson

Re: Remove instance table from database schema
Posted: Jun 20, 2012 3:13 PM   in response to: Joe in response to: Joe

Click to reply to this thread Reply
If you edit conf/dcm4chee-attribute-filter.xml file you could decrease amount of information extracted from DICOM and placed in BLOBS. Based on file conf/dcm4chee-minimal-attribute-filter.xml - only two fields are required on instance level, it should decrease DB size quite a lot. As usual - you should test first. Also - I do not think that updating that file will help with old DB entries, but if I remember correctly - there exists UpdateAttributesService in jmx-console which should update old entries...
Legend
Expert: 501 - 999999 pts
Contributor: 151 - 500 pts
Member: 1 - 150 pts
dcm4che team
community contributor
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums