Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

DCM4CHE Support Forums » dcm4che development » dcm4chee

Thread: Display problem for images retrieved from dcm4chee after coercing tags

Reply to this Thread Reply to this Thread Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Jun 20, 2012 3:44 PM Last Post By: justin
gsmunro

Display problem for images retrieved from dcm4chee after coercing tags
Posted: Jun 2, 2012 8:35 AM
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
I've setup a cstorerq.xsl file that appears to correctly modify some of the dicom tags in images sent from one particular AET to our dcm4chee PACS. However, there is a small problem when any of these images is retrieved for display by a viewing station.

One of the modified tags is PatientName (0010,0010). The viewing station can find and display images using the modified patient name, but when the image is displayed (in K-PACS, for instance), the text overlay on the display has the original bad patient name, not the corrected patient name.

I've verfied that the image file stored in dcm4chee contains the original bad patient name. In other words, coercing incoming images modifies the tags stored in dcm4chee's database, but doesn't actually change the tags stored in the image.

Given this, what can I do to make the text overlay in K-PACS correct ? Is there some way I can force the tags embedded in the image files to be changed ? Is there some some better approach to the whole problem ?

Any help would be much appreciated !
fleetwoodfc

Re: Display problem for images retrieved from dcm4chee after coercing tags
Posted: Jun 2, 2012 3:29 PM   in response to: gsmunro in response to: gsmunro
If you view the DICOM object from DCM4CHEE e.g. by Q/R or DICOM send, I would expect the corrected patient name to be displayed. If you somehow access the image file directly e.g. using the dcmsnd tool, then you will see the original patient name.
justin

Re: Display problem for images retrieved from dcm4chee after coercing tags
Posted: Jun 20, 2012 3:44 PM   in response to: gsmunro in response to: gsmunro
See the CoerceBeforeWrite property of the StoreSCP.

Justin
Legend
Expert: 501 - 999999 pts
Contributor: 151 - 500 pts
Member: 1 - 150 pts
dcm4che team
community contributor
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums