Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

DCM4CHE Support Forums » dcm4che user » Oviyam Users

Thread: Stack Overflow Error at Line 353 (oviyam7.js) on IE7, Windows XP

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 4. Correct answers available: 1.

Reply to this Thread Reply to this Thread Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Dec 13, 2012 2:58 PM Last Post By: admin
ixM

Stack Overflow Error at Line 353 (oviyam7.js) on IE7, Windows XP
Posted: Jun 25, 2012 10:39 AM

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi !

We're using dcm4chee and Oviyam and are very happy of it.

We experience some problems though when using Oviyam on IE7, Windows XP. When we scroll using the middle mouse button on a image in a series to see the next one, a "Stack Overflow Error at Line 353" appears in an alert. After looking it up a little bit, I was able to find that the exception is raised in oviyam7.js in the nextImage() function.

Did you ever experience this error? Could maybe give me an hint as where this exception could be raised? I could then propose a fix :)

Also, I've noticed that the pacsdb database (dcm4chee-2.17.2) tends to grow very fast. I found that the "instance" table contains a lot of TEXT columns (at least in the postgreSQL version) when in fact the information stored in it never requires fields of this size. We have now changed the sql script like this:

Replace TEXT by "character varying(64)" for sop_iuid, sop_cuid, ext_retr_aet, retrieve_aets
Replace TEXT by "character varying(12)" for inst_no, sr_complete, sr_verified

What do you think about it?

Thanks!

Best regards,

ixM

Edited by: ixM on Jun 25, 2012 10:40 AM

asgarhussain.b

Re: Stack Overflow Error at Line 353 (oviyam7.js) on IE7, Windows XP
Posted: Jun 26, 2012 7:28 AM   in response to: ixM in response to: ixM

Most browsers have limits on how much recursion is allowed before the script is automatically canceled. So, I think, this is browser performance issue.
prakash

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 9:45 AM   in response to: ixM in response to: ixM

ixM wrote:

Also, I've noticed that the pacsdb database (dcm4chee-2.17.2) tends to grow very fast. I found that the "instance" table contains a lot of TEXT columns (at least in the postgreSQL version) when in fact the information stored in it never requires fields of this size. We have now changed the sql script like this:

Replace TEXT by "character varying(64)" for sop_iuid, sop_cuid, ext_retr_aet, retrieve_aets
Replace TEXT by "character varying(12)" for inst_no, sr_complete, sr_verified

What do you think about it?

Please post this suggestion in a separate thread under dcm4chee Archive users or dcm4chee Development forum.
admin

Posted: Dec 13, 2012 2:58 PM   in response to: prakash in response to: prakash

Please stop posting here. Migrate to Google Groups dcm4che forum
Legend
Expert: 501 - 999999 pts
Contributor: 151 - 500 pts
Member: 1 - 150 pts
dcm4che team
community contributor
Helpful Answer