Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

DCM4CHE Support Forums » dcm4che user » dcm4chee Archive Users

Thread: java 8

Reply to this Thread Reply to this Thread Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Jul 27, 2017 11:35 AM Last Post By: petrkalina Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
petrkalina

java 8
Posted: Jul 28, 2015 2:45 PM
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
dear chee users community,

I'm experiencing problem installing the archive in a java 8 environment. specifically, the jmx console fails to load, returning the following error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

An error occurred at line: 151 in the jsp file: /inspectMBean.jsp
The type java.lang.CharSequence cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
148: else if (String.valueOf(attrValue).indexOf(sep) == -1)
149: {
150: %>
151: <input type="text" name="<%= attrName %>" value="<%= attrValue.replace("\"","&quot;") %>" <%= readonly %>>
152: <%
153: }
154: else

googling a bit reveals that this is probably due to the used jboss jsp compiler not being java 8 compatible. can anyone confirm this and advise me how best to proceed?

thanks a lot,
peter
petrkalina

Re: java 8
Posted: Jul 27, 2017 11:35 AM   in response to: petrkalina in response to: petrkalina
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi All,

its a long time this question was unanswered. As I received today an email enquiry for this question, I'll post the answer here:

1) the issue concerns the archive v. 2!! which is already for some time obsolated..
2) however, the issue really was with java8 - jboss 4.0.5GA which the chee2 is using really had some problems when running on java8.
3) I recommend to check out the dcm4chee-arc-light and upgrade your environment. Chee2 is already pretty old, runs on obsolated jboss version and is not maintained any more.

best,
petr
Legend
Expert: 501 - 999999 pts
Contributor: 151 - 500 pts
Member: 1 - 150 pts
dcm4che team
community contributor
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums